Risk Factors for Pancreatic Cancer
There are several factors that can lead to pancreatic cancer:
• Individuals over the age of 60 are more likely to develop pancreatic cancer.
• Men are 30% more likely to get pancreatic cancer than women
• Smoking increases the risk for all cancers.
• Poor diets including those low in fiber, fruits and vegetables, and diets high in red meat and sugary soft drinks.
• Chronic pancreatitis
• Helicobacter pylori
• Genetic inheritance
• Periodontal disease including gingivitis.
• Excessive alcohol consumptions